Château Léoville Poyferré
Léoville Poyferré came into existence in 1840 as the result of a division of a larger estate, and was included among the second growths in the famous 1855 classification. The Cuvelier family, important négociants in northern France since the 19th century, acquired the estate in 1920. In 1979, Didier Cuvelier took over management of the 80 ha estate and made major investments, both in terms of equipment and human resources, always in synergy with Léoville Poyferré’s outstanding terroir. The wines today are among the best in the region.