2022 Bordeaux En Primeur
Recently we visited Bordeaux to taste the 2022 en primeurs and some mature vintages for comparison, courtesy of the Union de Grand Crus and select private Chateau tastings. By contrast to the cooler, wetter 2021, the 2022 is another solar vintage producing many intense, opulent wines, akin to those of 2009, 2018 2019 and 2020.
Characteristics of the 2022 Vintage
• A great vintage despite hydric stress in the summer months.
• Extreme precision and attention to detail separate the better vignerons.
• There is quality throughout most appellations and classifications.
• Fresh, plush, ripe and complex reds supported by finely textured tannins.
• Concentrated and powerful late-harvest whites made.
There are many great wines at all price points to drink young or to cellar for decades. Please find our selection of favourites below...